So, Dad decided to cancel his telephone service. And ours along with it, without warning.
It sort of gives Joanna a clean slate when it comes to resumes, since we know no one will be calling her about anything she’s sent out already!
It looks like the call she got just before we lost telephone service is for a possible insurance sales job. I’m not too excited about the prospects of a commission-only sales job, but she thinks it might work. I suppose it won’t matter until we find out if they call her back or not. Which, fortunately, they can do, because we have a new telephone number now. If you call me, I’ll tell you what it is.
I still haven’t flown since I went to Stillwater on Saturday. Between telephones and weather, it just didn’t happen. The weather cleared up a bit this afternoon, but the winds were quite high. I would have had to land with a crosswind exceeding that of the “maximum demonstrated crosswind velocity” of my airplane. Since I’ve only done that a couple of times, and it’s against my school’s policy for me to do so, I elected not to go. Furthermore, it looked like there was a possibility of thunderstorms popping up in the vicinity. And, I haven’t landed with stiff winds, much less a crosswind, in a very long time. Judging from some of the landings I saw out there today, I decided to wait for better weather.
I should be able to fly tomorrow. I’m on the schedule twice on Sunday, but it’s probably going to start storming again.
This rating is going to take me forever, I think. I’d hoped to be done before the winter solstice, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.
I just can’t see Joanna as an insurance salesman. Can you?